YOKOSUKA, Japan (NNS) - The remains of seven Sailors previously reported missing were
located in flooded berthing compartments, after divers gained access to the spaces, June 18, that
were damaged when the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Fitzgerald (DDG 62)
was involved in a collision with the Philippine-flagged merchant vessel ACX Crystal.
The deceased are:
- Gunner’s Mate Seaman Dakota Kyle Rigsby, 19, from Palmyra, Virginia
- Yeoman 3rd Class Shingo Alexander Douglass, 25, from San Diego, California
- Sonar Technician 3rd Class Ngoc T Truong Huynh, 25, from Oakville, Connecticut
- Gunner’s Mate 2nd Class Noe Hernandez, 26, from Weslaco, Texas
- Fire Controlman 2nd Class Carlos Victor Ganzon Sibayan, 23, from Chula Vista, California
- Personnel Specialist 1st Class Xavier Alec Martin, 24, from Halethorpe, Maryland
- Fire Controlman 1st Class Gary Leo Rehm Jr., 37, from Elyria, Ohio
The incident is currently under investigation.